Sunday, October 25, 2009

What does it mean if my breasts are producing breast milk, but i'm not pregnant?

Within the last year my breasts have become tender and if I put pressure on them they produce milk. This is not just around my period or after I get out of the shower. I can do it any day on command. I just went to the doctor and they ordered blood work, but I haven't gotten the results. What are they looking for? What could this mean?
Answer:
possibly looking for the hormone prolactin in your blood. It is the hormone responsible for the production of breast milk during and right after pregnancy. A few months after pregnancy, the levels of prolactin start decreasing and leveling off.
You may have a hormonal imbalance. Go see your doctor asap.
false pregnancy. but, usually lactating while not pregnant is a result of a very, very intense desire to become pregnant.
i had that when i was on the depo provera shot , go off it and it will stop it

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net