Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What if I missed my last non-hormone pills?

Im on birth control and I didnt take my last 7 pills known as sugar pills or non-hormonal is its going to affect the process since they have no hormones?
Answer:
Absolutely not! Please dont worry - the sugar or inactive pills are just there to remind you to keep up the routine of taking a pill every morning - many people dont take these - as long as you take the active/hormone pill when its next due and didnt miss any pills before this 7 day break then you are completely covered! I am a pharmacist and am quite sure of this.
nothing my gyn told me its just to help you remember its just vitamins
Nope, I usually don't take them at all. They are only there to keep you on schedule, so you can remember to start the next pack at the right time. Just make sure you begin the next pack on the right day and at the same time as your last pack.
No, but it is a thing of habit. To stop taking non active pills causes no problem.
The only thing they are for is a reminder.. They have no effect on your cycle. As long as you start your new pack after 7 days and no more, then you are good to go. ( I have been on the pill for 9 years and never take my "reminder" pills either.)

Good Luck.
the sugar pills are only there as reminder pills so you wont forget when the real pills start back up you don't have to take them at all
They are just sugar or iron, they don't affect how your birth control works. They are just there to remind you to keep taking pills and make sure you start the active pills on the right day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net